We recently released FOAM Tools to help network participants validate data, review reputation and, ultimately, accomplish the work that earns them rewards faster.
The FOAM Map has three types of users, explored in further detail here:
- Cartographers - users who add points
- Challengers - users who challenge points
- Voters - users who decide the outcome of challenges
FOAM Tools helps data validators
FOAM Tools is a custom block explorer designed for the Map's Challengers and Voters – the users who meticulously validate data. Reactions from the FOAM community include:
FOAM Tools has been an awesome resource for me so far and I’m looking forward to seeing it continue to grow. – nameloceroom
Thank you guys, you are doing a great job!! – Elvo
its pretty impressive how much the overall map and experience has improved already. – yepyep
Key benefits of FOAM Tools
The short summaries below touch on how user group can interact with FOAM Tools to speed up their activities. A more complete user guide is available on the FOAM blog.
Benefits for Challengers include:
- Quickly filter for fresh points to review and challenge
- View a detailed history of each point, including the results of any previous challenges
- Develop a reputation and review the reputation of other cartographers
Benefits for Voters include:
- View all challenges you can vote on at a glance
- Track the winning side as votes are revealed
- Try earning the most in FOAM Map rewards
We enjoy working with the FOAM team and look forward to continuing work on FOAM Tools with support of the team and a grant with which to further develop the interface. You can learn more about the FOAM project on their website.
If there is a project you think we can help with or you want to get in touch, please email email@example.com.